I know, I know...every time that I am on here I say how long it's been since my last post. So, instead of going into a long monologue of what has been going on in my life and classroom...just the highlights...
1. We are about to embark upon our Ancient Greece/Mythology/Lightning Thief unit, which the kids always love. I am not sure why this is-- maybe because they love finding alternative ways of thinking about why things are the way that they are? Who knows. In any case, here we go.
2. With the new unit, we are going to use the wiki a third different way; this time, as a reference tool. Each student is responsible for researching one or two gods, goddesses, or mythological creatures of some sort. I have put up a new page on our wiki with a link to each topic the students have and they will upload their work to the appropriate page come Thursday.
3. After they do this jig-saw-esque assignment and a class activity/discussion, students each complete a "Power Rankings" of the Greek Gods. They create 13 cards- Ace through 2, Ace being the highest, 2 being the lowest- representing the power of the Gods. They will choose which God or Goddess is the most powerful and make him or her the Ace; the second most powerful the King, etc etc. Because I don't have a classroom and therefore, no wall space, the wiki is the perfect tool to have the kids reference as they complete this activity.
FYI-- the information that must be present on each card is: a drawing of the God(dess) or a symbolic representation, what his or her strengths are, what his or her weaknesses are, and one interesting fact about him or her.
No comments:
Post a Comment